The classic Daiquiri has a few variations, but Strawberry Daiquiri is the most popular one. Fruity and refreshing, and one of the best cocktails for those hot summer days. It’s basically a smoothie made from light rum, fresh lime juice, sugar syrup, and strawberries. This Cuban cocktail is a boozy tropical freshness served in a Margarita or a Collins glass and garnished with a fresh strawberry, and trust me, it’s amazing. The Strawberry Daiquiri is usually a blended drink, but if you don’t have a blender, there is a shaken version too, which is just as great, and maybe even easier to make. Even though the blended one would be the more popular of the two for its texture and gorgeous vibrant color, you can’t go wrong whichever one you choose.
Ingredients for one serving:
- 2 Ounces (60 ml) light rum. Our choice is BACARDI.
- 1 Ounce (30 ml) sugar syrup.
- ½ Ounce (15 ml) fresh lime juice.
- Few strawberries. 🙂 (Frozen strawberries are better for the blended drink, while fresh ones are for the shaken one).
- Fresh strawberry for garnish.
Blended Strawberry Daiquiri:
- Put the rum, lime juice, sugar syrup, and strawberries into the blender.
- Put lots of ice and blend at high speed until smooth.
- Pour into a Margarita or a Collins glass and garnish with a fresh strawberry.
Shaken Strawberry Daiquiri:
- Get a shaker and muddle the strawberries with sugar syrup inside.
- Add rum, lime juice, and ice and shake.
- Fine-strain into a chilled cocktail glass to avoid any bits and seeds falling inside.