Kamikaze shooter – easy recipe
The Kamikaze shooter is probably the most popular vodka shot at bars, and It’s incredibly easy to make. Vodka, freshly squeezed lime juice, and orange liqueur are the only 3 ingredients you need for this little drink and it’s guaranteed to improve every party.
If you guessed, the Kamikaze shooter was invented in Japan, you were right. It was first made in an American naval base in Japan sometime after World War 2 and became very popular during the 70s and 80s, as vodka was the spirit of choice for many, and it has remained a favorite in the US ever since.
What inspired this shot was the Kamikaze cocktail, which is the same thing but in a cocktail glass and with a bit more lime juice.
The shot is served ice cold, and it’s so good, bartenders often struggle to keep up with the drinkers, even though it takes very little time to prepare.
It’s a favorite for both men and women, and just can’t go wrong with it, so next time you host a party, add the Kamikaze to the menu. Your guests will definitely be pleased. 😉 And of course… always use freshly squeezed lime juice and premium vodka.
- 1 ½ Ounce (45 ml) of vodka.
- ½ Ounce (15 ml) of orange liqueur (such as Cointreau).
- ¼ on an ounce (7.5 ml) of freshly squeezed lime juice.
- You can garnish with a slice of lime.
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Fill with ice, shake well, and keep it sexy. (That last part is very important) 😉
- Strain into shot glasses.
- Garnish and enjoy.