The Best Espresso Martini
Classy, tasty, and dangerously drinkable, the Espresso Martini is the perfect pick-me-up drink. A mix between vodka, espresso shot, sugar, and coffee liqueur will help you stay fresh and not fall behind on a night out.
Legend has it, back in the 80s, in London, the late bartender Dick Bradsell invented this amazing cocktail for a young model who is now famous worldwide. Apparently, she walked up to the bar and asked for “Something to pick me up and f**k me up. “Bradsell quickly came up with the idea for vodka, espresso shot, coffee liqueur, and sugar, shaken into a bittersweet and frothy concoction. The name of that drink was Vodka Espresso, or as we know it today – Espresso Martini.
- 1 Ounce (30 ml) of vanilla-flavored vodka.
- 1 Ounce (30 ml) of Kahlua Original Coffee Liqueur
- 1 Ounce (30 ml) of fresh Espresso.
- 1 Ounce (30 ml) of Sugar syrup.
The Espresso Martini cocktail recipe is very easy. Just follow the steps below.
- Chill a martini glass or a Coupe glass.
- Pour all ingredients into a shaker.
- Fill with ice and shake (A LOT ! ).
- Pour into your chilled glass. Do not strain. Just keep the ice from falling into the glass.
- Garnish with 3 coffee beans.
- Enjoy Perfection.
Tips and tricks for the perfect Espresso Martini cocktail:
Shaken, not stirred. Even tho it’s a different Martini, James Bond’s rule applies perfectly here. Use lots of ice and shake a lot. Don’t worry, it won’t get too diluted, and it will look and taste amazing.
Two at a time. Your shaker may not fit a 3rd, and it will be easier to maintain the correct balance.
Always use a fresh espresso shot. You need a strong flavor.
Vanilla-flavored vodka, you’ll thank me later…
Don’t be afraid to get creative with the flavor combinations. Hazelnut has always been a good fit for coffee. Maybe sprinkle some cinnamon or chocolate on top.