Do you need a cool drink in the summer? Look no further. Blue Lagoon is exactly what it sounds like. Tall, refreshing, and so blue. It’s a simple combination of 3 ingredients (vodka, lemonade, and blue curacao) for an amazing cocktail with a light blue color that resembles the Caribbean sky. Sounds pretty, doesn’t it…? It is also a very simple drink, so you don’t need to be an experienced bartender to make it.
You can use a shaker or simply build the drink in your glass, the result will be almost the same. If you like fizzy drinks, there is also a variation where you can use Sprite instead of lemonade. That way you will get a fizzy and sweeter cocktail.
There isn’t much information on this cocktail, but it’s believed it was invented in the 60s by the American bartender Andy MacElhon at Harry’s New York Bar in Paris. And till this day, it has always been a go-to on a hot summer day.
- 2 Ounces (60 ml) of Vodka.
- 1 Ounce (30 ml) of blue curacao.
- Lemonade (homemade lemonade for best result), or Sprite if you prefer a fizzy cocktail.
- Orange /lemon slice for garnish (you can also throw in a cocktail cherry).
- Put the ingredients (vodka, lemonade, and blue curacao) into a shaker.
- Fill it with ice and shake well.
- Strain into a highball, Hurricane, or a Collins glass over ice.
- Garnish and enjoy.
If you’re using Sprite, skip the shaker and build it straight into the glass. Give it a little stir, garnish and enjoy.